- Viktoria & Woods’ Privacy Commitment
- What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined in the Act.
- Types of personal information collected
The personal information that we may collect and hold will vary depending on the manner in which we engage with you, such as whether you have registered to be a part of our VIP Customer Loyalty Program. Some personal information we may collect about you may include:
- your name and contact details (including address, phone number and email);
- your date of birth;
- your purchase history;
- your company name (if applicable);
- the domain from which you access the internet;
- the date and time you access our Website;
- the internet address of the website from which you linked to our Website;
- information about your shopping preferences/selections; the products you have purchased, ordered or asked about which may include your shopping history, product types, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you;
- if you are a member of the , your membership number and your reward redemption history;
- other information you may make publicly available online (including but not limited to information on social media platforms); and
- other information you may provide us from time to time.
- When and how do we collect your personal information?
- Collection from you
We collect personal information directly from you in the normal course of providing services instore and online such as when you:
- purchase products or services from us;
- participate in one of our competitions;
- apply for a membership with our VIP Customer Loyalty Program;
- access your existing VIP Customer Loyalty Program through our Website;
- request information about us or our products or services;
- use our Website;
- request a refund, return or make a claim;
- lay-by products or place products on hold;
- provide feedback, respond to a survey, change your email preferences;
- participate in a promotion or competition;
- register to become a member;
- apply to or become an employee of Viktoria & Woods, or
- otherwise supply personal information to us by telephone, facsimile, email, post or in person.
- Collection by other lawful and fair means
We also use Google analytics to track your use of our Website. Google Analytics is a website analytics service provided by Google, Inc that places cookies on your computer’s browser. The information generated by the cookies about your use of our website is transmitted to Google. This information is then used for the purpose of compiling statistical reports enabling us to analyse the number of visits to our website, the average time spent on our website and the pages viewed. You can configure your browser to disable Google Analytics.
- Automatically collected personal information
We automatically record information from your device and its software when you access our Website, including your IP address, browser and device type, internet service provider, mobile phone carrier, platform type, the website from which you came and the website to which you are going when you leave our Website, date and time stamp and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or account.
When accessing our Website using a mobile device, we may also receive and collect identification numbers associated with your device, mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, and, if enabled, geographical location data (including GPS). Please note that some of the information we collect, for example an IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device's location.
- Third Party Payment Processor
- Unsolicited personal information
In some circumstances we may receive personal information that we have not requested. If this occurs, we will comply with our obligations under the Act. We may de-identify and/or destroy this information unless we are required to keep it by law.
- Why we collect your personal information
We collect personal information to provide you with the best shopping experience and allow us to:
- conduct our business functions;
- to meet any regulatory requirements which apply to our business;
- to market and sell our products and services, including to notify you of shop events and special offers that may be of interest to you;
- to improve our products and our marketing;
- to register you as a customer of Viktoria & Woods;
- to process and/or administer services to you as a member of the VIP Customer Loyalty Program that you may register with us;
- administering, facilitating, processing and/or dealing with your relationship with us, any transactions or activities carried out by you on the Website or at our retail stores, including your participation in contests or social events organised by us;
- for communication with you and to provide messaging and/or communications to you in association with the functions and features of the our service, competition results, special offers (including any associated with the VIP Customer Loyalty Program);
- for communicating to you any announcements and updates, updated terms, conditions and policies, security alerts, technical notices, support and administrative messages;
- for analysis, monitoring, development and improvement of our Services, including other products or services;
- for security purposes, including to protect the Website and our property from abuse, fraud, malicious, unauthorised access or potentially illegal activities, and to protect our rights, safety and property and that of our other users;
- for sending marketing communications to you, including notifying you of promotional or advertising offers, contests and rewards, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by us and use of our Website;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations where applicable; and
- for the performance of other functions described at the time of collection or as consented to in relation to our Website and services.
- Direct marketing
We may use your personal information to provide you with direct marketing materials if you would reasonably expect us to or if you consent to receive direct marketing materials, including in relation to the VIP Customer Loyalty Program.
We may communicate with you via phone, email, social media, SMS, or regular mail. If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so.
We will seek your consent to provide you with direct marketing materials if we have obtained your personal information from a third party. Direct marketing material may include promotional material about us or the products or services we offer. You may opt out of receiving direct marketing material by contacting us in any of the ways specified in the direct marketing materials or by contacting email@example.com.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our shareholders, officers and employees, other businesses within our group of companies, service providers who assist us in our business operations and recruitment activities (including third party service providers based overseas), government agencies, parties involved in the purchase or sale of any of our businesses, other third parties, (including parties that we engage to process orders for our products, provide you with goods or services on our behalf or who are connected with or involved in our relationship with you), or otherwise as required by law.
- Disclosure to other third parties
We may share your personal information with third parties if it is reasonably related to the provision of our services or use of our Website. The third parties that we may share your Personal Iinformation with includes consultants, contractors, credit agencies, debt collection agencies and other service providers to us that perform services on our behalf. Such services we procure may include identifying and disseminating advertisements, enforcement of our website Terms and Conditions, providing fraud detection and prevention services, processing payments or providing analytics services. We may also share your personal information with our business partners who offer goods or services to you jointly with us (for example, contests or promotions, including benefits relating to the VIP Customer Loyalty Program).
We may share your personal information where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We may also share your personal information with third parties with your consent in a separate agreement, in connection with any company transaction (such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party) or in the event of bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture or any related or similar proceedings.
Note that we reserve the right to share your personal information with other third parties where, in our sole discretion, it is required to:
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Viktoria & Woods, its users or the public as required or permitted by law; and
- detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When conducting online transactions from our Website, we use a industry standard 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) which encrypts sensitive information as it is transferred over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as credit card numbers, billing details and delivery addresses so that computers are unable to decipher the information.
We will keep your personal information only for as long as required for our business purposes and otherwise as required by Australian law. Where we no longer need to keep your personal information for a permitted purpose, we will take reasonable steps to destroy your personal information or to ensure that the information is de-identified.
- Third party websites and social media
Social Media Platforms also allow public access to your public social media profile, which may include your username, age range, country/language, list of friends or other information that you make publicly available and you understand that such information may therefore be accessible by us if you interact with its social media pages.
We may from time to time, have access to statistics regarding the number of views, navigation patterns, posts that you like, comment on or share and any user interactions with our social media pages and may use such information for the purpose of its marketing and promotion strategies.
- Access, updating and correcting personal information we hold about you
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Upon your written request we will provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold about you unless providing you with access would unreasonably impact upon the privacy of others or is not otherwise permitted under the APPs or at law. If you wish to have your personal information destroyed or de-identified, please let us know and we will take reasonable steps to do so (unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons, or as otherwise required by law).
You may request to review, change or delete personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wherever it is lawful and practical, you have the option of using a pseudonym or not identifying yourself when dealing with us. However, by doing so you acknowledge that it may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you. If you apply to or become an employee you must provide personal information that is true and accurate and not misleading or deceptive.
- Privacy Enquiries and Complaints
Telephone: +61 3 9421 6781
Customer Care Viktoria & Woods Pty Ltd
1 Yarra Street
RICHMOND VIC, 3121
We will endeavour to respond to all enquiries and complaints within 30 days and deal with the matter expeditiously and in a manner which is consistent with our obligations at law. If unresolved, complaints may be referred to an external complaints resolution entity and, if necessary, taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au or by email at:
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Post: Office of the Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
This Policy was last updated on 7 April 2021